Meetings and Happenings are published at no cost. There is no guarantee of publication.
• Farmers Market at Rock Creek Park, every Friday, 6 a.m. until noon; fresh vegetables, canned goods, baked goods, plants.
• Intermediate Oil Painting with Felix Maxwell; 6 Week Workshop. Tuesdays: August 10, 17, 24, 31 & September 7, 2021 at 6 p.m.; $150
• Marshall County Art Guild Kids Art Class with Cindy Autry. Two Hour Basic Painting Class: This class is held on the first Saturday of each month (except holiday weekends); 10 a.m.; $20. ADDITIONAL KIDS ART CLASS DATES for 2021: September 11, 2021 October 2, 2021 November 6, 2021 December 4, 2021
• Fall Ball sign-ups at Richard Cashion Sports Complex; August 7, 14, 21 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. August 18, 5 to 7 p.m. Age groups: Boys Tee Ball, Rookie, Major. Boys must be 4 years of age by April 30, 2022. Girls 6U (tee ball), 9U, 13U. Girls must be 4 years of age by Dec, 31, 2021. The season will be Sept. 12 to Oct. 24 and games will be played on Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. Fees - first child $20 and other children in family, $10 each.
• Aug 5 - 60th Annual Belfast Lions Club Horse Show, 5 p.m. at the S. W. Beech Memorial Field.
• Aug 5 - The Town of Cornersville will have its regular meeting of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen on Aug. 5, 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall in Cornersville. This meeting is open to the public and all citizens are welcome to attend.
• Aug 6 - Cornersville High School Football is having a Fish Fry, Friday, Aug 6th, 4 to 7 PM. Scrimmage at 5:30 PM. Tickets are $15. Buy a ticket from a player or come to the high school office from 8 AM to 2 PM to purchase tickets.
• Aug 8 - Painting Party Fundraiser for Belfast Volunteer Fire Department. Acrylic on Canvas (Home Sweet Home: TN Tri-Star); Sunday, Aug. 8, 2021 at 2 p.m.; $40.
• Aug 10 - The Mayor and Council of the City of Lewisburg will hold their regular monthly meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 10 at 6 p.m. at Lewisburg City Hall, 131 East Church Street.
• Aug 12 - La Leche League of Lewisburg meeting, 10:30 a.m. to noon; call Anna Childress for location 931-637-5810 or email@example.com
• Aug 17 - The Marshall County Board of Public Utilities will hold its regular monthly meeting Tuesday, Aug. 17, 9 a.m. at 624 West Commerce Street, in the Doug Rogers Board Room.
• Aug 21 - La Leche League Family & Community Picnic at Harmon Park; 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call Anna Childress at 931-637-5810 for more details.
• Aug 21 - Silent Comedy, Harold Lloyd’s “Safety First,” with a live piano accompaniment; Saturday, Aug. 21 at 7 p.m. at the Dixie Theatre; free admission but a ticket is required; go to mcct.ticketleap.com This is required to guarantee admission.
• Aug 28 - Drawing Class with Brandie Liggett. One Hour Basic Drawing Class: This class is held on the last Saturday of each month (except holiday weekends) at 10 a.m. Cost is $10.
• Aug 28 - Shelby Lee Lowe at Pickers Creek Winery, Aug 28, 6 PM. Tickets are $5 and are on sale now.
• Aug 31 - The Community Development Board of the City of Lewisburg will hold their regular monthly meeting Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 12 p.m., at the Historic 1st Avenue Building, located at 207 1st Ave. N.
• Aug 31 - Lewisburg Housing Authority will hold their Monthly Board Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the George W. Turner Building located on 741 Silver Street.
• Sept 2 - The Board of Lewisburg Electric System will hold their August Board Meeting at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 2. The meeting will be held at the LES office, 599 W. Ellington Pkwy. The meeting
is open to the public.